Home

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Doing Halloween Right!

Have I mentioned my Pinterest addiction? 
My most beloved holiday is nearly upon us and I finally started the boy child's costume. Last month we started the discussion of what he would want to be and he said dinosaur. While I would typically be stoked for this choice I was a bit underwhelmed since he was already a dragon (dinosaur with wings). 
I started perusing Pinterest and came across the cutest hot air balloon piolit costume and thought it would be a shoe win with Quinn. 
Well he is obviously growing up because he was pretty much totally disinterested even though he has an unhealthy obsession with balloons. 
So what's a mom to do?!? Well this mom all but forced the small child to sift through Pinterest with me till we could find the perfect idea. We went through all the typical costumes vampire, knight, hobbit, you name it we looked at it. Then out of some small dark corner of the inter webs poped up a tiny human dressed as Oogie Boogie from Nightmare Before Christmas. 
Quinn has only seen commercials for this movie as it's still a bit to scary for the child with a wild imignation. But he was so drawn to it, I let him watch a YouTube clip of the Oogie Boogie song, and what do you know this kid was sold! I have never been so excited for a silly costume, this movie is one of my all time favorites and I finally have a reason to dress up like a Tim Burton character. 
I love my little man so much and he gets gold stars this year. I think this might be one of those October baby traits, they just inherently know how to do Halloween the right way. I'm really hoping we pull this off because whoever originally made this rocks. Here's hoping mom and I manage to pull this one off without killing each other!

P.S. Mom- I promise I'll pick up the elastic and really do love that you put up with us, well particularly all of the crazy project ideas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment